Wednesday, April 4, 2012

stalking by accident

i have a really good memory. it isn't always a good thing. at times i remember things that i probably shouldn't. for example, if you're a girl, and i just met you, and i kind of think your cute or something, chances are that i'm going to remember things that you told me when we met. but the bad thing about it... is that when i see you again, you'll probably be creeped out that i remembered what you told me. technically, there isn't anything creepy about my listening to you... but if you didn't remember what you said to me, you might be freaked out.

there are times where i'm walking on campus and i see young women from different areas that i served in as a missionary. eesh. i feel like a stalker. they don't recognize me.. why would they and heck, i'd recognize most people from my areas, its just the girls who go to school here. if i wanted to, i could REALLY scare them cause i could assume that they went to the one high school, ward, seminary class, etc in the area.. and i remember all about that.

i'm tempted every time, but i never do it.

i also have an ability to enter and leave conversations without people really noticing. people will forget i was part of some group thing and then when i mention it later they're like ".... what?"

at the beginning of the semester, my english teacher told us to be more observant so that we could have things to put into our 'writing journal.' i was like, NO WAY. if i actually started observing things, i'd be way more of a creep than i already am. i mean, its not MY FAULT that i happen to walk home at the same time as a cute girl who was in my ward last year and i may have happened to see her get into her car and now i've memorized that she drives a certain car of a certain color and model that i wont disclose on the internet just in case she ever ends up reading this even though she probably isn't. its not my fault when a girl is cute and i see her name tag cause she works in a building on campus that i frequent and now i creepily know her name.

seriously, though, if i actually tried, i'd probably be an amazing stalker.

1 comment:

  1. Dude. I hear your pain. I feel your pain. And it would be really, really funny to see the reaction. But good job avoiding the urge and being righteous and that sort of thing. I'm not sure I could resist if I were in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete