Sunday, June 19, 2011

my dad

this is my dad.  and me when i was like 13 or whatever. 

   
yeah.  pretty epic.

someday i might be as epic as my dad.  might be.  anyways, here are some reasons why my dad is awesome, in no particular order


i haven't really ever like math all that much, but i have to appreciate the fact that its like totally my dads thing.  well not totally, but hes good enough at it that he was like a good accountant and stuff.  basically, cause of that he had a good enough job that i could eat and like be alive and go to college and stuff.  plus, he was always home between 6 and 630.  i would always wait by the door and pop out and scare him when i was a little kid.  i dont know why he never really got mad at me for that.  then again he never really got mad anyways so yeah..

of course during tax season he wouldn't be home until like... late.  real late.  except for fridays cause he would get home on time to go out with my mom.  yeah.  totally got his priorities right.

its never really been a question about whether or not my parents love each other.  whether it was dad taking mom on a date pretty much every week or catching them kissing in the kitchen (which when you're a little kid its like eewww) OR (take note, brethren) when my dad would give my mom flowers on each of the kid's birthdays just to say thanks for having the child.  yeah.  so legit.

dad pretty much didnt have any hobbies cause he'd just rather be with his family.  he came to a lot of my elementary school field trips and was at almost every sports match or band concert or whatever we were doing. 

dad was always really good at taking care of old ladies.  like he'd always help them out and stuff.  on the other end of the spectrum, he also had talent at like helping with little babies and getting them to sleep and stuff. 

most importantly my dad taught me how to rely on Jesus Christ.  the way he acted and the way he treated people was a pretty dang good example of what the Savior would do Himself.  cause of my dad i know that work is super important (as much of a lazy pile i can be) and that God and family are the most important things. ever. 

so yeah.  happy fathers day, yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment