Saturday, April 9, 2011

wittle Fiona

I have one niece.  Her name is Fiona.  Here is a picture for yall to gawk at.


I know, right?  my older sister has is pretty talented when it comes to producing extremely cute children.  Fiona is no exception.

Today is Fiona's 3rd birthday.  though if you would have ever met her before today you probably would have already thought that she was 3.  like her momma, she is very very good at talking which can be pretty funny.  i mean, who wouldn't be impressed by a lil kid like her coming up to you and speaking in complete sentences?

my first memory involving Fiona actually occurred before she was born.  during the week break between  the summer and fall semesters, i would often go to my sister Mandy's house to chill out.  one day i was over there and Mandy said that she had just been to the doctors office and had passed out because she had a blood test. she then randomly says that she had the blood test cause she was pregnant.

i guess she told me so early on cause for some reason she thought that i would figure it out cause she went to get a blood test, to which i responded that pregnancy isn't a typical reason that would cross an 18-year old dude's mind for getting a blood test.

don't ask me why i remember this conversation.. i remember a lot of weird things.  i also remember that my sister told me when she was expecting her second son while i was burying my dead turtle.  yeah, i guess my brain is weird when it comes to selecting what is and is not important to store in the long term memory... but anyways, that was my first memory having to do with my niece so there you go..

later on we all found out that Mandy was gonna have a girl.  my mom's reaction was pretty funny.  it had been almost 30 years since a girl with Taylor blood was born and we all knew that my mom was pretty excited about it.  the funny thing about it though was that our family, especially (more like exclusively) myself had relentlessly teased my mom about the fact that she had wanted another girl so badly and how I had foiled her plans by being a man.  and that isn't to imply that my mom wasn't totally happy to have me instead of a daughter (cause i mean lets be real here, people, i'm awesome) but she just really wanted to have another lil girl in the family.  but because of my own sarcastic cruelty my mom pretended to be not all that excited about it.  i guess the moral of the story is: if you want your mom to be excited about your kids, don't tease her.  or something like that.  (but in all honesty, my mom is pretty much always excited about her grandbabies and is a really good grandmama.. so yeah)

anyways, months and months went by and one day i was sittin in the library studying and i got a call from my mom telling me that the baby was born.  yay!  then not too long later i got a call from my sister telling me and she was kinda bummed that she didn't get to tell me first, and i was pretty impressed that she was calling me so soon after having a child. 

so thus i had a new niece to add to my list of favorite people.  baby Fiona looked a lil something like this


aawwwww. 

during the summer after my freshman year, i decided to offer my sister/bro in law a day where i would watch the kids so they could go do something.  it was kind of a funny night.

so Mandy and Tom left and i think all the kids were already sleeping by that point.  so i didn't really have to do much except for stopping creepy people from entering the house.  then all the sudden lil Fiona starts crying.  now i wasn't a total noob at helping babies; i had watched her older brothers before and had gotten them to calm down and go to sleep when they was babies too.  i figured she'd be just as good.

well every time i picked her up she'd stop crying for a bit and go back to sleep.. but when i put her back in the crib she'd be crying real soon again.  this was combined with some shenanagins from her older brothers as well.  Her older brother Miles was coming out of the room pretty often telling me what his brother Philip was doing wrong.. "Philip is talking... Philip needs some water.. Philip is ruining my night!"  even lil Philip climbed out of his crib once.

overall i just thought i was funny.  i mean everyone's gotta have at least one babysitting experience where everything goes crazy.  and really.. after that Fiona hasn't given me any trouble.

soon after though i was separated from Fiona as i served as a missionary.  after getting home it took me like 2 weeks of pretty consistent hanging out at her house to finally get Fiona to like me and talk to me.  now we're like totally friends.  i wouldn't say we're total BFF's or anything (well all know uncle Matt is totally her favorite) but she's always real fun to be around.

Fiona's favorite colors are purple and pink.  she like to do pretty typical little girl stuff.  and she talks and talks and talks.  she also trips and runs into things pretty often.. but it doesn't really phase her.

so there yall have it.  that's my Niece.  cutest little girl i've met.  i used to be totally sure that i wanted my first child to be a son.  but after Fiona came along i aint so sure anymore.  it gives me hope though that Fiona and I are from the same family, cause then maybe i'll get some kids that are half as cute as she is.

just a lil bit more for yall to enjoy

                                totally awesome picture of Fiona and Mandy

                               pretty much the only picture of the two of us.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, nobody told me you had a blog and now I'm catching up. After I read your post about me burping (not so cool) I figured I'd better read up on the other posts. This one is very cool. No one can deny my daughter's extreme cuteness.

    ReplyDelete